Individuals who travel two or more hours away from a hospital (a remote/wilderness location) (e.g., Boy Scouts)
- Improvisation for the wilderness
- skill practice
- Cognitive study of wilderness first aid
- Scenario and individual skill practice
- Discussion of cognitive ideas/scenarios
- Splinting and wound care are emphasized with treatment on a deep wounded leg manikin
This is approximately a 20-hour class with a very thorough cognitive and scenario-based learning. There is no renewal format. There is no hybrid format.
$135 per person with a range of students within the class of 4 to 9. Special arrangements can be made with fewer than four students needed for the class.
- Students must have current CPR AED certification for adults prior to starting the class
- Students must be at least 14 years old prior to starting the class
- If the student is mature but less than 14 years old, he/she may participate in the class but cannot become certified